Suzanne focuses on achieving great results for her clients, while also forging a connection, taking the time to understand their issues and how best to approach them. In a previous life, Suzanne was deep in the healthcare, software and privacy trenches, and understands all the complexities and nuances that come with the territory. Suzanne developed a taste for law after successfully managing and negotiating her own accident benefits and tort settlements following a car accident. If Suzanne accomplished that before she began proper legal training, imagine how unstoppable she is now.
Suzanne joined SBA in early 2018, after spending several years working for the plaintiff personal injury bar. In her previous career, Suzanne worked in the corporate dental industry and actually knew the 5th of 5 dentists who recommend brand name toothpaste. Now she knows the 5th of 5 ways to win an insurance dispute.
Suzanne loves all animals. She spent several years fostering dogs for a rescue group and has two rambunctious dogs of her own. She even has a degree in “Equine Studies”, which is a real thing (we googled it).
> Thought Leadership
- Long Term Disability in Ontario, CanLII Newsletter, Editor/Contributor (ongoing)
- Co-Author: Sitting on a Time Bomb, Litigating Life & Disability Claims, Canadian Defence lawyers, November 22, 2018
- Co-Author: Denial Ain’t Just a River in Egypt, CanLII LTD Newsletter September 2018
- Keep your documents to yourself!, blog
- The Remedy of Relief of Forfeiture, blog
- A New Era of Reasonablenses Dawn on Appeals from Private Arbitrations (K-W OIAA Bulletin, November 2016)
> Professional Memberships
- Member, Professional Liability Underwriters Society
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Ontario Bar Association
- A Call to Action Canada – Diversity in the Legal Profession